Bronson Arroyo has been frustrated by the lack of a free-agent deal. (John Sommers II/Getty Images)
The Dodgers continue to consider adding starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo, according to Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports. He tweets the Dodgers remain in "active talks" with the righthander who last pitched with the Reds.
Arroyo could be a starting rotation option for the Dodgers after they failed to land Masahiro Tanaka. He's pitched at least 199 innings in each of the last nine seasons, has produced a sub-4.00 ERA in four of the last five seasons and has stayed off the disabled list.
Last week, Arroyo expressed his frustration at being unsigned to ESPN's Jayson Stark. Arroyo reported receiving interest from a dozen teams, none of which had come close to making a deal. Stark cited teams saying the 36-year-old was looking for a three-year guaranteed deal worth slightly more than $30 million.
"I don't even have an offer to turn down," he said. "So I might still be sitting here on March 1. I have no idea."
"I get [Clayton] Kershaw," Arroyo told ESPN.com. "I get why he got all that money. But then you've got guys like Dice-K [Matsuzaka], who came over here and was good for the first couple years but then didn't pan out. And when he doesn't pan out, they all just forget and go on to the next guy who's not proven, and pay him.
"Meanwhile, they forget about guys like me, who have done the job for the last eight or 10 years, and treat them like they've never done anything in this game. That's hard, man."
JAFFE: Late-winter signings often bring mixed results