Richie Incognito wants to return to Dolphins
Richie Incognito, suspended and left un-signed by the Dolphins in the aftermath of Jonathan Martin's bullying accusations, told Miami's WSVN 7 News that he wants to return to the team.
The 2012 Pro Bowler is coming off a stint in rehab after his harassment of Jonathan Martin was detailed in the Ted Wells report last month. On Wednesday, he told WVSN's Rosh Lowe he wants a second chance to take responsibility for his actions and he's never stopped wanting to be a Dolphin.
"I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible.
"I want a clean slate. I'm at peace with everything that happened. I'm at peace with the attorneys and myself. Go to my Twitter page. I'm back online, and I'm not mad at anybody."
Incognito, who returned to Twitter on Tuesday from Arizona, expressed excitement for former teammate and accuser Martin's signing with the 49ers.
"I was excited. He always felt welcomed up there at Stanford and with Coach Harbaugh. So I said, you know what? He's got an opportunity that he can run with. He can go play. I think it's awesome. The bottom line is, I'm for the people, by the people, and I just want to go back to work."
Incognito will likely be disciplined by the NFL based on the Wells report findings if he signs with a team.
His final message to Miami:
"Dolphins fans, Richie is well. Richie wants to come back and play. But the business has to handle the business end, and that's it."