The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Here’s a cool Wimbledon commercial that BBC has been running.
• Andy Murray was late to practice on Sunday because he was busy stopping traffic to save a stray dog and reuniting it with its owner. As Wimbledon champions do.
There was a danger that I might not make it to practice at all on Sunday morning when I found myself in the middle of a busy road trying to stop the traffic on the way into Wimbledon.
I saw a dog running loose along the road and stopped to try to help. After a bit of a struggle, I managed to get it in the back seat of my car, rang the number on the tag and eventually got the dog back to its owner, safe and sound. Quite what anybody in the passing cars made of it all, I’ve no idea!
Hopefully there won’t be any dogs in distress when I head back to the All England Club on Monday, a little earlier than I’m used to.
• Virginia Wade is stumped as to why Murray would hire Amelie Mauresmo.
• It’s been 10 years since Maria Sharapova won her first Slam title here at Wimbledon.
• Li Na’s agent Max Eisenbud says the “Li Na sponsorship tank” is full.
• Introducing SI Kids’ new correspondent: Madison Keys.
• A Q&A with Keys, who won her first WTA title in Eastbourne over the weekend.
• Here’s a fun quiz: Which top tennis player are you?
• Here’s tennis’ attempt at fantasy sports — create your ideal Wimbledon tennis player.
• Fabio Fognini hits an incredible tweener
• Laura Robson is keeping a fashion diary during Wimbledon.
• If you need a live blog to follow from work,I recommend the ones from Wimbledon and the BBC. Very entertaining.
• Non-tennis: SI’s Greg Bishop tries to find U.S. fans in Brazil. It’s not as easy as you may think.