Daily Bagel: Troicki prepares to return to the ATP tour after doping ban
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Photo: Congratulations to six-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1 Lindsay Davenport (center in photo above) on her induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
• Viktor Troicki's suspension for an anti-doping violation ends this week, meaning he'll be eligible to return to the tour next week. Here's a good read that catches up with the former No. 12, who is trying to rebuild his career from scratch.
Q: What will you be feeling when you return to action?
VT: From the wish to show that they were wrong to suspend me, to the hope of proving to myself that I can do even better than before -- above all, a desire to make up for lost time… All of these emotions and much more will be present. To be honest, I don’t know myself how it’ll be on court in the beginning, until I get used to it. At the same time, all my points will be gone by July 21 and I’ll be starting from scratch, completely from scratch. However, I often remember a very good saying, “Once a doctor, always a doctor.” That’s why I haven’t given up on tennis: because it’s who I am.
• Rafael Nadal and the Bryans join Novak Djokovic in qualifying for the ATP World Tour Finals.
• Will Bernard Tomic need a wildcard to get into the U.S. Open? He's entered into qualifying and there's some debate as to whether he'll get a wildcard even if he asks.
• Nice shot, Dustin Brown.
• Video: Behind the scenes of Maria Sharapova's photo soot for The Times UK.
• The Tennis Draws Tumblr is worth a scroll. Great stuff.
• ZooTennis has a recap of all the junior action at Wimbledon.
• Non-tennis: Is the NBA ready for a female head coach?