Daily Bagel: Ivo Karlovic, Benoit Paire feud at Citi Open
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Benoit Paire and Ivo Karlovic got into it after their match at the Citi Open. According to Scoop Malinowski of Tennis-Prose, the two exchanged words multiple times and Karlovic was "seething mad":
According to the Karlovic side, Paire was mocking Ivo in French for most of the match, saying things to his group like, This isn’t tennis, I should never lose to this guy, he sucks. And on and on. But to the surprise of Paire Ivo understands French as he lived in France for some time and after the match he told Paire he should show respect to his opponent and not insult an opponent publicly as he did. Paire responded that Ivo should not tell him to do anything.
• David Goffin is into the semifinals in Kitzbuhel, Austria, extending his winning streaks to 18 matches and 36 sets. Fifteen of those match victories were at the Challenger level.
• Video: Agnieszka Radwanska lost in the second round at the Bank of the West Classic, but she did do this:
• Caroline Wozniacki is running the New York City Marathon for charity in November.
• Here's what Andy Murray will be wearing at the U.S. Open.
• Confused as to what the difference is between the WTA rankings and Road to Singapore rankings? Here's a chart.
• Dominic Thiem's Facebook updates continue to be mega-awesome. Here's what he had to say on Thursday after making his first ATP quarterfinal of the season, in Kitzbuehel.
• Video: And how about this defense and hot shot from Thiem:
• The Changeover interviews Shelby Rogers, who recently made the final in Bad Gastein, Austria, as a qualifier.
• Non-tennis: Check out this goal by Megan Rapinoe of the Seattle Reign in Wednesday's game against the Houston Dash. That is not supposed to happen.