Daily Bagel: Nadal accepts Ronaldo's poker game challenge
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Overnight results: Caroline Wozniacki battled back to book a spot in the Tokyo Open quarterfinals, beating Jarmila Gajdosova 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. No. 26 Garbine Muguruza upset fourth-seed Jelena Jankovic in straight sets. Carla Suarez Navarro and Casey Dellacqua are also through to the quarterfinals. The Korea Open sees three Americans into the quarterfinals round. Varvara Lepchenko, Christina McHale, and Nicole Gibbs are all through, along with Magdalena Rybarikova, Kaia Kanepi, and Maria Kirilenko. Meanwhile, the semifinals of the Guangzhou International are set. Chinese wildcard Wang Yafan faces Monica Niculescu and Alize Cornet plays Timea Bacsinszky.
•This is no surprise: Andy Murray already getting heat on social media for his support of Scottish independence.
•Carlos Moya is stepping down as Spain's Davis Cup captain after the five-time champions were relegated after losing to Brazil last weekend.
In an interview with El Pais, the former world number one said he had not been expecting to find it so hard to convince Spain's top players to take part in the Davis Cup and that he was leaving partly because he did not want to further disrupt the lives of his young family.
• Here's a pretty funny video of Rafael Nadal honing his bluffing skills in a helicopter in preparation for his poker match against soccer legend, Ronaldo.
• The Davis Cup 2015 draw was announced on Wednesday. The U.S. will face off against Great Britain in the U.K., Germany will play France, and Serbia gets Croatia, to name a few.
• A rare public appearance from Steffi Graf.
• Nick Kyrgios starred as guest editor on ATP's Insider on Thursday and interviewed Dustin Brown for the takeover. He asked him about his hair.
• Marin Cilic is still reveling in his U.S. Open victory.