The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The ATP has announced significant prize money increases focused at the Masters 1000 level.
The biggest increases in player compensation come at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 category, with tournaments providing annual increases of 11%, and with the ATP contributing a further 3% increase, resulting in a 14% annual increase in that category through to 2018. Player compensation at the ATP World Tour 250s is set to increase at an average of 3.5% per year during the same period.
• Caroline Wozniacki says her one marathon is enough for now.
• Good recap from The Grandstand: The top three American men will go into the 2015 season with new coaches.
• Steve Tignor for Tennis.com picks the Wimbledon men's final as the best match of the year. No argument here.
• We hope this worked out for Roger Federer:
• Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in French GQ.
• Andy Murray was spotted wearing Under Armour during a training session.
• Maria Sharapova gets her Christmas tree delivered. You know, just like the rest of us,
• The Indian Aces are your inaugural IPTL champions.
• I was reminiscing about the more obscure moments of the 2014 tennis season on Twitter and the replies I got to this tweet were a funny and amazingly thorough recap of the season. Definitely worth reading. Here are a few gems: