Daily Bagel: Del Potro, Kyrgios ready for comebacks; Serena in lingerie ad
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Check out a clip of Sam Querrey on an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker, where he admits he wants to find love off of the court, despite his full traveling schedule.
• More Beckham news: David Beckham's son, Romeo, really loves tennis and his coach, John Johnson, said the 12-year-old could be a future Wimbledon champion.
• After drawing confidence from his performance in Sydney in January, Juan Martin Del Potro said that he expects to be playing again later this month. "I'm in full recovery, I'm going faster than the time frame the doctor set for me as a goal and that has me enthused and that's why I believe my return will be very soon," he said at a sponsorship presentation in Buenos Aires.
• Kei Nishikori and Feliciano Lopez were excited about the new ATP Rankings on Monday:
• Tomas Berdych is in Miami practicing:
A video posted by Miami Open (@miamiopentennis) on
• Notable result from Kuala Lumpur: Nicole Vaidisova beat Arina Rodionova, 6-3, 6-2 to make her first WTA main draw since February 2010 in Memphis. Possible opponents for the remainder of the tournament? Ana Ivanovic, Francesca Schiavone, Maria Teresa Torro-Flor or Silvia Soler-Espinosa. (Check out our lookback at the 2007 Vaidisova-Ivanovic 2007 Wimbledon matchup that set both player's careers on opposite paths.)
• Nick Kyrgios said he is on track to return to play in his first tournaments after sitting out with a back injury since the Australian Open. According to the Sydney Herald, the 19-year-old will fly out to the U.S. on Sunday to prepare for Indian Wells and the Miami Open later this month.
• Steve Tignor from Tennis.com on the ATP's power players and how this season might not look all that different from the last 10.
• Serena Williams showed off her new ad campaign for women's shapewear and sportswear brand, Berlei.