The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Ernests Gulbis, who is now working with Thomas Enqvist, took a terrible 6–1, 6–0 loss to Andreas Haider-Maurer in the first round of Monte Carlo.
• Apparently Caroline Wozniacki isn't allowed to tweet about golf without everything being about Rory McIlroy.
Tweeps I was congratulating Speith on his win, nothing else.. It's time for some of you to move on from the past. Thank you! 😘— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) April 13, 2015
• Novak Djokovic says he's playing at "the peak of my abilities right now."
• Roger Federer is trying to schedule his year to allow for more training blocks between tournaments.
• Rafael Nadal has not forgotten how to play tennis. "For me, the most important is the mental part, because I don't think I forgot how to play tennis," he said in Monte Carlo.
• Get to know Anna Schmiedlova, who just won her first WTA title at the Katowice Open.
• Andy Murray and Kim Sears had a photobooth at their wedding.
• Sania Mirza's rise to No. 1 sends a message home about female empowerment.
• Mirza even thanked her haters:
Wow.. What a day it's been 😃 number 1 in the world.. It just sunk in 😳 💃💪👊— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
I hav so many people to thank but first and foremost I want to thank God 😇 I feel so so blessed ..— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
I wanna thank my family,my loved ones,friends,my coaches over then years,my partners and u guys who believed in me and supported me-— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
All these years..this is a dream come true and I dedicate this back to u guys 😘 I also wanna thank the ppl who didn't believe in me-— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
You just pushed me harder and made me more determined to fulfil my dreams.. 😏— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
I am humbled to be the first woman who has achieved this and I strive to keep working hard for as long as I play.. A big hug to all of you 😘— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015
One last thing I'd like to tell all the young girls-BELIEVE- believe in yourself so strongly that the world can't help but believe in u too.— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 13, 2015