The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Set your alarms for 5 a.m. ET on Friday, as the women's semifinals and men's quarterfinals will all play out in succession on Manolo Santana Court at the Madrid Open. Play begins with defending champion Maria Sharapova vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova, then No. 1 Serena Williams vs. No. 4 Petra Kvitova. Here's the men's quarterfinal order of play: Rafael Nadal vs. Grigor Dimitrov, John Isner vs. Tomas Berdych, Andy Murray vs. Milos Raonic or Leonardo Mayer, and Kei Nishikori vs. David Ferrer.
• Eugenie Bouchard is on the cover of Canadian fashion magazine Flare and the accompanying profile is an...interesting read.
• The Wall Street Journal takes a look at the the retractable roof that is currently taking shape over Arthur Ashe Stadium.
• Wimbledon champions Jack Sock and Vasek Pospisil take you into the Madrid Open player party:
• Steve Tignor for Tennis.com writes on Martina Navratilova's decision to defect to the U.S. in 1975.
• Catching up with Christian Harrison, who is still trying to overcome his body to make it as a pro tennis player.
• #TBT: Novak Djokovic declaring his intentions as a young boy.
• There's trying to take the pressure off yourself, and then there's this from Serena Williams today: