Daily Bagel: Venus Williams wins 700th career match in Wuhan
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• From Courtney Nguyen for the WTA Insider: Victoria Azarenka talks about her injury-addled season.
"The important thing for me is to get my body fit 100%, on a consistent basis. I have a lot of work to do. That's why I think my mind is a little bit thinking too much for the next year because I have a plan what to do already in my off-season. I guess that kind of distracts me a little bit."
• Martina Hingis visited one of Wuhan's most famous landmarks with former World No. 2 Li Na.
• Petra Kvitova on dealing with being tired:
• Nicolas Escude, the co-coach of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, says he has stopped working with the Frenchman.
• With her win over Julia Goerges on Tuesday, Venus Williams secured her 700th career win, joining sister Serena , Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal as the only active singles players with 700 wins or more.
• Novak Djokovic adds some style to his shot:
• Meanwhile, checking in on Serena Williams, who just celebrated her 34th birthday:
• After retirements and upsets through the first few days at the Wuhan Open, the Round of 16 is set: Halep vs. Konta, Venus vs. Suarez Navarro, Kvitova vs. Vinci, Pliskova vs. Svitolina, Muguruza vs. Ivanovic, Mladenovic vs. Schmiedlova, Kerber vs. Giorgi, Vandeweghe vs. Strycova.