Daily Bagel: Serena preps for 2016 season at IPTL event in Manila
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Thanks to Let, Second Serve, you can import the WTA and ATP 2016 event calendars directly into your own personal calendars so you'll never miss a match.
• Todd Spiker of WTA Backspin breaks down the top WTA matches of the year.
• Tim Smyczek is a one of the 2015 honorees for the Musial Awards, which recognizes the greatest stories of sportsmanship throughout the year.
• Christopher Clarey for The New York Times: A look at tennis' anti-doping program, after Andy Murray called for more investment and Roger Federer called for more testing.
• Murray also said that he thinks the indoor and grass courts are too slow: “I think one way of speeding the game up is to make the courts a bit quicker and the balls a bit quicker,” he said.
• Serena Williams says playing in the IPTL event in Manila will help prepare her for the 2016 season. She won on her first singles match for the Philippine Mavericks.
"Well, I never lacked motivation, I just was really injured and I've always been motivated, so I just had to get better, you know and be able just to walk without being in pain and you know, I just really needed some time off."
• Who should coach Nick Kyrgios? Pat Rafter, Lleyton Hewitt, Roger Rasheed, Josh Eagle share their thoughts.
• ICYMI: Mary Carillo was the most recent guest on the SI Tennis Beyond the Baseline podcast.