Unless you follow rugby or rock climbing closely, these Fittest 50 athletes may surprise you.
On Thursday, Sports Illustrated unveiled its 2017 Fittest 50 list, naming the most in-shape, best-conditioned men and women in sports right now.
While many well-known names made the cut—including LeBron James, Allyson Felix, Conor McGregor and Lindsey Vonn—there are also some athletes from less mainstream sports on the list that may be a surprise to some.
Here are a few Fittest 50 athletes you might not have predicted to make the list—unless you're a big fan of rugby or rock climbing.
• Hunter McIntyre, Spartan Race athlete
• New England Patriots wide receiver Chris Hogan
• Rugby stars Carlin Isles and Kieran Read
• Rock climbers Alex Honnold, Sasha DiGiulian and 16-year-old Ashima Shiraishi
• CrossFit stars Mat Fraser, Tia-Clair Toomey and Kara Webb
• American Ninja Warrior star Jessie Graff
• Ultra-marathoner Scott Jurek
• WWE’s John Cena and Charlotte Flair
You can see the complete list of men's and women's athletes here.