Couldn’t he afford a cab?
It’s not all that unusual to see celebrities riding the subway in New York. But the bus? That’s just ridiculous.
If you’re going to opt for above-ground transport, why not take a cab? Surely if you’re famous you can afford it. Then why the hell was Phil Jackson, who makes $12 million a year to tank the Knicks, spotted riding the bus on Tuesday?
A few possible explanations:
• He knows James Dolan would never look for him there.
• He joined the #DeleteUber movement.
• He got in a cab but the driver had sports talk station WFAN on the radio.
• Charles Oakley said he’d only accept an apology if Phil publicly debased himself.
• The subway was delayed, because it’s always delayed.