The Hawks used a Jim Ross dub to mock the Knicks' Enes Kanter, and he wasn't happy about it.
1. Normally, everyone loves a good Jim Ross dub. They're one of the few good things about the Internet.
(Side note: This will always be the best Jim Ross dub.)
However, Knicks center Enes Kanter was not happy, to say the least, when the Hawks gave him the Jim Ross treatment Thursday. The New York big man took a very nasty fall during Wednesday's game, causing Atlanta's social media team to post this:
Since the Knicks won the game, Kanter responded to the tweet in a very straightforward manner.
However, Kanter had much harsher words when speaking to reporters on Thursday, saying, "I don’t know who’s running their social media — a high schooler? I know they’ve been tweeting some crazy stuff. Probably a high schooler. Whoever it is, they should consider anyone [else] for sure because it is terrible.”
Kanter continued, “It’s kind of weird because they just lost the game last night and the guy they were tweeting about, I got a double-double on him. So it’s a little weird to tweet something about him after a bad loss, a home loss.”
Clearly, Kanter, who wants to be a WWE superstar after his basketball days are over, will be a natural at cutting a promo.
2. This week's SI Media Podcast features a sports media and NFL conversation with Peter Schrager of NFL Network and FOX Sports. We discussed his wild schedule, pros and cons of doing sideline reporting vs. studio hosting, next week's big Chiefs-Rams game, the Cowboys' various problems, Jason Witten's performance on Monday Night Football, Dr. Z and more. You can listen to the podcast below or download it on iTunes.
3. Panthers coach Ron Rivera had a very simple explanation for his team's 52-21 loss to the Steelers on Thursday night.
Ron Rivera sums it up: “At the end of the day this shit happens.”— Joe Person (@josephperson) November 9, 2018
4. I would take the Crimson Tide if Nathan Peterman is starting for the Bills.
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo was so good in the Bucks' blowout win against the Warriors on Thursday night that Draymond Green was left in awe.
6. It's easy to pick on a team as bad as the Suns, but this was an amusing gag by Charles Barkley.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Since this column started with Jim Ross, it's only fitting I give you some vintage JR.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Don't hesitate in laying the 16.5 with the Chiefs against the Cardinals on Sunday.