With a day left before the trade deadline, pitching seems to be the main focus of teams whether they are buyers or sellers.
The Mets, still believing they can contend for a wild-card spot, acquired Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman in exchange for pitching prospects Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson.
Yet it's quite possible New York could still move starting pitcher Noah Syndergaard before Wednesday's 4 p.m. trade deadline.
Now, with both Stroman and Bauer off the market, many of the contenders could lock in on getting bullpen help.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league.
• 12:23 a.m. ET: Noah Syndergaard is confident he'll be with the Mets on Wednesday night despite trade rumors. (SNY)
• 10:10: p.m. ET: Trevor Bauer has been traded to the Reds as a part of a three-team deal with the Padres. Taylor Trammell will be headed to the Padres while Yasiel Puig, Franmil Reyes and Logan Allen will all play with Cleveland. (Jeff Pasan, ESPN)
• 9:00 p.m. ET: The Braves, who need bullpen help, acquired reliever Chris Martin from the Rangers in exchange for minor league pitcher Kolby Allard. Martin has recorded 43 strike outs with a 3.08 ERA through 38.0 innings pitched this year. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• 8:29p.m. ET: The Indians had multiple conversations today with the Mariners about Domingo Santana, but no deal is close. They are also talking to the Blue Jays about Justin Smoak. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• 8:03p.m. ET: The Giants are listening to trade offers, but only a huge return would get them to even consider moving Bumgarner. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• 7:05 p.m. ET: The Giants are still talking to teams regarding trading ace Madison Bumgarner, while the Indians are also discussing trading Trevor Bauer. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• 7:00 p.m. ET: Mulitple executives believe the Indians are "more likely than not" to trade Trevor Bauer. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• 7:00 p.m. ET: White Sox pitcher Alex Colome reiterates that he wants to stay with the club and likes what the team and bullpen are building. (Scott Merkin, MLB.com)
• 6:30 p.m. ET: The Phillies, Indians and Rays are interested in Blue Jays 1B Justin Smoak. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• 6:00 p.m. ET: The Braves are interested in trading for Diamondbacks starter Robbie Ray. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• 5:30 p.m. ET: The Brewers have discussed a trade with the Pirates for pitcher Keone Kela. (Robert Murray, The Athletic)
• 1:45 p.m. ET: Houston and San Francisco are "engaged" in trade talks for Giants ace Madison Bumgarner. (Tim Brown, Yahoo Sports)
• 12:40 p.m. ET: The Blue Jays are still shopping closer Ken Giles despite his recent elbow injury. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• 12:00 p.m. ET: The Mets are more likely to deal starter Zack Wheeler than starter Noah Syndergaard. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• 11:30 a.m. ET: The Yankees are offering outfielder Clint Frazier in their discussions with the Diamondbacks for starter Robbie Ray and/or reliever Archie Bradley. (Peter Gammons, The Athletic)
• 11:25 a.m. ET: The Dodgers are pursuing relief pitching, including Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez and Tigers closer Shane Greene. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• 11:20 a.m. ET: The Tigers will likely hold onto starter Matthew Boyd through the trade deadline. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The Astros, Yankees and Brewers are among the teams in on Diamondbacks lefty Robbie Ray. As many as five other players could be possible trade targets. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The Astros were working hard to acquire Mets pitcher Zack Wheeler. The Athletics, Rays and Braves have shown interest in Wheeler. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Mets closer Edwin Díaz is receiving significant interest from teams such as the Dodgers, Red Sox, Rays, Braves and Padres. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Twins, who were interested in Marcus Stroman before his trade to the Mets, are unlikely to land Noah Syndergaard and will focus on getting bullpen help. (LaVelle E. Neal, Minneapolis Star Tribune)
• The Rays have "cooled" on trying to acquire Mariners outfielder Domingo Santana. (Ryan Divish, Seattle Times)
• Teams have started ruling out Blue Jays closer Ken Giles due to an elbow problem, as he has not pitched in the last two days. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The Reds are going to be sellers during the trade deadline, with Tanner Roark expecting to be dealt. Teams are also looking at closer Raisel Iglesias. (Jeff Passan, ESPN)