Name: Alyssa Sponaugle (a.k.a. -- Spo)School: Florida State UniversityBirth Date: February 4, 1987Hometown: Palm Harbor, Fla. Year: JuniorMajor: Advertising & Sport Management
1. I love (Florida State University), but I almost went to: I applied to University of Florida, but only to see if I'd get accepted. Just like my older sister, we both got accepted and we both denied that offer because intelligent girls know that being a Seminole is the only way to go!
2. My favorite class is: Sport Law, but mainly because my professor is amazing and she could make any class interesting.
3. Movies I can't live without:Invincible, Wedding Crashers, Love Actually, A League of Their Own, Along Came Polly, Weekend at Bernie's, The Cutting Edge, Point Break, Father of the Bride, Jerry McGuire, Notting Hill.
4. Music I can't live without: My ipod is incredibly random -- from the Beatles to Sublime to Bone Thugs N Harmony to U2 to Rascal Flatts; I'll be jammin' out & more than likely singing (horribly) to anything except heavy metal.
5. TV shows I can't live without: I honestly don't have time to watch any new shows. I pretty much just have ESPN on all day because I have to be current on any news within the sport industry for my major. Other than that I'll try to find a game that's playing or watch re-runs of Entourage and Friends when I'm getting ready for bed.
6. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you during a game? Oh Lord, I've got a few, but there is definitely one that stands out amongst the rest. My first year cheering I wasn't exactly paying attention to my surroundings on the field. A huge play took place and the camera men all went booking it down to the end zone. Well, I decided it would be a great time to tie my shoe and about two seconds later that cord came from right under my foot, launching me into the air and landing on my back. The worst part about it was that the cameraman got launched back and landed on his side from me standing on the cord. I was fine, but he actually had to sit it out the next quarter and be checked out by the trainers. It was what I'd call just a tad bit embarrassing ... eating grass and taking out a cameraman in front of just a few 80,000 people. Haha!
7. My favorite sport is: To watch -- football; To do -- surf, snowboard, wakeboard, tennis, football, really anything active and outdoors.
8. My favorite professional sports teams are: I grew up as a Cleveland Indians fan and Buccaneer baby!! Although I have to add my new-found love, the Philadelphia Eagles, to my list after interning with their marketing department. The organization as whole has gained my utmost respect and has made a fan out of this Florida gal.
9. My one Guilty Pleasure is: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! It's a sick obsession! I can seriously name every place in Tallahassee with chocolate chip cookies and rate them on a scale from 1-10. None of which can beat my Mom's homemade ones, though!
10. My celebrity crush is: There is not one in particular -- Kelly Slater, Mark Wahlberg, Tom Brady and even Brady Quinn ... none of them are looking too shabby. Ha!
11. Strange and unusual fact about me: I am the second generation in my family to cheer for Coach Bobby Bowden! My Mom cheered for him at West Virginia University before he made the move to FSU!!
12. My friends would be surprised to know that: When I was little I used to tell people I wanted to grow up to become a Care Bear Garbage Lady. For some reason, as a child I was always fascinated by the garbage people and the Care Bears were naturally an obsession!
13. Favorite Foods: Sushi, mexican, fresh fish, BBQ pork sandwiches, Sumo Sabi's "Dreamy Bowl", fruit & veggies, brownies and cookies. I am probably the least picky person in the world. I'll try anything!
14. Five People I'd Like To Have Dinner With (Living or Dead): God, my Pop Pop "Junior" (who my dad says he was the most brilliant man he has ever known), my Grandpa Grant, President George W. Bush and Bono.
15. Three People who annoy me: UF FANS, graduate assistants with a chip on their shoulder and FSU Parking Police (cut "Patrick the Pathfinder" some slack here! That would be referring to my car, of course).
16. Next Risk I Want To Take: Skydiving in the Swiss Alps!
17. If your life had a theme song, what would it be? Umm, how about you tune into a week of "Alyssa" and let me know what you come up with because right about now I'm absolutely puzzled!
18. What reality show would you do best on and why? I guess The Real World, but only because I already live with one girl and four boys, which is basically like The Real World house anyway. They are way more dramatic than us though, we have our moments, but overall I think we'd be much more entertaining to watch because we're individually all funny people, combined we're hilarious!
19. If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy is: Pay off my mom's house and make my dad retire immediately!! Then buy my Brady Bunch of a family plane tickets to Europe, Africa, Australia -- anywhere and everywhere! I love traveling and think it'd be awesome to give such a wonderful gift back to the people who have done so much for me. Plus it's experiences we'd all be able to enjoy forever!
20. Describe the worst date you ever went on: Honestly, I think dating in college is overrated and unrealistic, plus I really don't have time. So I've only been on a few dates, none of which are an honorable mention of "worst." So how about I give you my ideal date ... I think dinner and a move is lame, I'd much rather grab food at a football or baseball game, go to a comedy show or some sort of festival/concert; something along those lines where we can actually get a feel for one another's personalities. If I like you ... we'll end up at dinner eventually!
You May Like
More More Sports
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!