The Dean's List
• Go ahead and try to figure out the University of Maryland football team. Like sneezing with your eyes open, it's pretty much impossible. The Terrapins are capable of losing to Middle Tennessee State and, as they proved on Saturday, beating North Carolina. There are two plausible theories to explain the team's erratic nature. Theory One: The better the competition, the better the Terrapins play. After all, this weekend they beat North Carolina, 17-15, knocking the Tar Heels out of the top spot in the ACC Coastal Division. Maryland has also won a school-record six straight games over top 25 competition. Theory Two: Maryland plays really well at Byrd Stadium. The Terrapins are unbeaten at home this year and UNC hasn't won in College Park since 1997.
• Often, it's only after time has passed and events have played out that one can look back and discover a decision's true sagacity. Well, it's now been a year and a half since
• Bloomsburg University's train has been stuck in Domination Station for a few years now, and I don't think it's moving any time soon. The Huskies' field hockey team beat UMass-Lowell 6-2 to win the 2008 NCAA Division II field hockey championship. It's Bloomsburg's third straight title and its sixth in the last seven years.
• It's not easy being the coach's son. Every time you come to the bench, there's dad, ready to tell you what you did wrong. But it doesn't seem to bother Rhode Island's
• It's going to be tough for Syracuse football coach
• My buddy
• Here's a postmodern, race-relations fiasco. White students make racist taunts toward three black basketball players and get kicked out of school. Then one of the black victims racially harasses one of the other black victims and gets kicked out of school, too. It makes about as much sense as