NHL rolls into Sin City
In anticipation of tonight's NHL Awards show, here are some sights and sounds from the sunny Sin City.
• Washington Capitals forward
• Speaking of premature exits, Ovechkin also talked about seeing the Penguins win the Stanley Cup. Actually, he didn't. Game 7 might've been the most watched since 1973, but at least one notable stayed away. Ovie said he didn't watch a single game of the Cup final, and only found out that the Penguins won when a friend told him the final score. That's a pretty typical story for most players. "[The playoffs] are hard to watch at first," said Calgary forward
• As much grief as I may have given the NHL for having
• A new honor to be introduced this year, the ScotiaBank Fan Fav Award, is the first fan-driven award -- the people's choice for the best overall regular season performer. Fans voted on NHL.com for their favorite performer. And there's just one big glitch here: That it's called
• Being in Vegas, naturally the topic of a potential NHL franchise coming to town came up with Commissioner