Three little-known players will have big impact in Super Bowl XLIV
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Hay's in the barn. Time to get off the fence. And what other prediction cliché can I dredge up now?
Colts 33, Saints 26. (
It comes down to a pretty simple thing. I respect and admire the game of
I thought what I'd do today is write about the three under-the-radar players I think will impact the game heavily, perhaps even to the point of deciding who wins. It's a little more than a guess, but in talking to the players and coaches this year, I tried to figure out who, non-Manning, will be in the headlines Monday morning:
It'll be a fun game, maybe even a great game. And usually in great games, the
Simple reason: He's a great A-gap blitzer;
1. I think after watching the Colts for four hours over the past two days at practice as the Pro Football Writers Association's pool reporter, the one word I'd use to describe their practices is businesslike. Sorry for the cliché, but that's what I see in all aspects of what they do. It stretches right down to the ballboy who places the ball on the line speedily during two-minute drills, wearing an officials' jersey. Impressive.
2. I think we'd all do well to understand there are more than two teams in this league right now. This morning, I ran into
3. I think
4. I think I spent approximately 236 hours on the radio this week, from the campus station at Fairfield University to my friends at KTAR in Phoenix, and I am spent. Finished. There's nothing else to say. Play the damn thing.
5. I think I saw a good example of who the Colts are Thursday at practice. The four captains went out to lead stretching and calisthenics --
6. I think I learned something interesting about
7. I think I'm going to warn you now: Beware the graphic photo in Monday's MMQB, when I show you the right knee of
8. I think there's no question the Saints watched the Week 8 Colts-Niners game to pick up some clues on how to play Indy's offense. I asked
9. I still think the stats that say it all about the forecast of this game is as follows: In the last three games
10. I think there's one mystery left in the week -- what sort of video inspiration will