Stay up to date with the latest news and rumors before the NBA trade deadline.
The 2017 NBA trade deadline is less than a month away. Teams have until Thursday, Feb. 23 at 3 p.m. ET to get their deals done, whether they're looking to upgrade for a playoff run or to offload stars to build for the future.
Check back for updates as the trade deadline approaches.
• Kings general manager Vlade Divac put rest any speculation that Sacramento was planning to move All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins, insisting to ESPN, "We're not trading DeMarcus." Divac reportedly met with Cousins recently to assure him he would not be traded before the deadline. (Marc Stein, ESPN)
• The New Orleans Pelicans are trying to trade for a center, and their pursuits have included Brooklyn's Brook Lopez (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• The Pelicans have also engaged in talks with the Philadelphia Sixers about sending Jahlil Okafor to New Orleans in exchange for a first-round pick. (Sam Amick, USA Today)
• The Los Angeles Lakers are willing to make some deals before the trading deadline (Steve Kyler, Basketball Insiders)
• The Cleveland Cavaliers have interest in Jose Calderon and Andrew Bogut. (Marc Stein, ESPN)
• The Cavaliers are also unlikely to re-sign Anderson Varejao. Varejao was waived by the Golden State Warriors earlier this month. (Alex Kennedy, HoopsHype)