Free agency is looming. Big names are on the move. The annual week of NBA upheaval has arrived.
Chris Paul has been traded to the Rockets. Phil Jackson is out in New York. Could Carmelo Anthony join Paul and James Harden in Houston?
Paul George could still be traded. Blake Griffin, Gordon Hayward and Paul Millsap are among the big name free agents. Don't rule anything out.
Here are the latest news and rumors from around the league.
• The Rockets are trading cash to the Trailblazers for Tim Quarterman in hopes of gathering more non-guaranteed contracts to use in either the trade with the Clippers or other future moves. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• Chris Paul has been traded from the Clippers to the Rockets for Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, Sam Dekker, DeAndre Liggins, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer, Darrun Hilliard and a 2018 first-round pick. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• In separate moves involving cash considerations, the Rockets acquired Ryan Kelly, DeAndre Liggins, Tim Quarterman, Darrun Hilliard and Shawn Long (which also involved a 2018 Houston second-rounder. (Multiple reports)
• Carmelo Anthony could join the Rockets if the Knicks buy out his contract. (Stephen A. Smith, ESPN)
• Houston wants to add a third star alongside Chris Paul and James Harden and are angling to land Paul George now. (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)
• The Rockets think they are going to be able to add Carmelo Anthony or Paul George this off-season. (Tim MacMahon, ESPN)
• Paul had serious interest in the Spurs, but wanted to play alongside James Harden and found Houston more attractive. (Marc Spears, ESPN)
• The Clippers think they will be able to re-sign Blake Griffin after trading Chris Paul. The Celtics and Heat are among teams with interest in Griffin. (Brad Turner, LA Times)
• The Thunder are also among the teams preparing to pursue Griffin. (Royce Young, ESPN)
• The Knicks and team president Phil Jackson parted ways after three seasons. (Team announcement)
• Knicks owner James Dolan is targeting Toronto's Masai Ujiri to replace Jackson. (Adrian Wojnarowski, The Vertical)
• Kevin Durant won't sign a new deal with the Warriors until later in July, allowing the team to make its off-season moves first. (Marc Stein, ESPN.com)
• The Oklahoma City Thunder are set to offer NBA MVP Russell Westbrook a five-year extension, worth as much as $200 million, at the start of free agency. (ESPN.com)
The Kings will bring over guard Bogdan Bogdanovic and sign him to a three-year, $36 million deal next week. (Ailene Voisen, Sacramento Bee)
• The Thunder are exercising their $1.5 million team option on forward Jerami Grant. (Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports)