NBA rumors: Raptors trade DeMarre Carroll to Nets, Knicks closing in on David Griffin
Many of the top free agents have already found new homes and fresh contracts. Paul George was traded to the Thunder and Stephen Curry and Blake Griffin agreed to new max contracts with their respective teams. Gordon Hayward has agreed to join the Celtics.
Stars like Carmelo Anthony could still be on the move through trade.
Free agents can sign contracts at any time now that the NBA's moratorium period has ended.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league.
• The Toronto Raptors have traded DeMarre Carroll, a 2018 first-round and 2018 second-round pick to the Brooklyn Nets for Justin Hamilton. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• Knicks, David Griffin progressing toward the opening of contract talks for GM job (ESPN)
• The Bulls pulled their qualifying offer on Joffrey Lauvergne making him an unrestricted free agent. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The Wizards will match Otto Porter Jr.'s max offer sheet from the Brooklyn Nets. (Candace Buckner, The Washington Post)
• Jamal Crawford plans to sign a two-year, $8.9 million contract with a player option with the Minnesota Timberwolves when he clears waivers. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• Jamal Crawford is in serious talks to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves after he clears waivers. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• James Harden and the Houston Rockets are moving toward the largest contract extension in NBA history. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Atlanta Hawks will not match the New York Knicks' $71 million offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. The deadline is still a few hours away. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Knicks have also re-opened trade talks to shop Carmelo Anthony to the Houston Rockets. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• In order to make room for Hardaway Jr., the Knicks have renounced the rights to Derrick Rose, Sasha Vujacic and Ron Baker. Baker will return to the team next season. (Ian Begley, ESPN)
• Shelvin Mack is finalizing a two-year deal worth about $12 million with the Orlando Magic. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)