Get the latest news, updates and rumors concerning NBA free agency.
Draft day has come and gone, and free agency rumors are starting to pick up steam.
On Thursday at the Barclays Center, the Suns drafted Deandre Ayton first overall to no surprise. The Kings drafted Marvin Bagley at No. 2 and the Hawks picked Luka Doncic before sending him to Dallas for Trae Young who was selected at No. 5 overall. Jaren Jackson Jr. was picked at No. 4.
Now that the draft is over, the focus has shifted even more to free agency speculations.
NBA teams can negotiate with free agents starting midnight on July 1.
Get a full breakdown on all the rumors and reports as we get closer to the draft day.
News and Rumors
• With all the Kawhi Leonard back-and-forth, former Spurs star Bruce Bowen said "there's nothing but excuses going on." It came a day after general manager R.C. Buford said the Spurs desire is to keep Kawhi Leonard, but the team "will explore all of our options." (ESPN)
• The odds that LeBron James stays in Cleveland have gotten higher, with the latest set having LA as the overwhelming favorite followed by Cleveland. (CBS Sports)
• Undrafted Rhode Island guard agreed to a two-way deal with the Timberwolves. (School's Twitter Account)
• The Warriors and undrafted free agent Kendrick Nunn agreed to a partially guaranteed deal late Friday. (Ian Begley, ESPN)
• Bucks assistant Sean Sweeney has agreed to a deal to become one of the Pistons top assistants. (Adrian Wojnarowski, EPSN)
• The Warriors are waiving forward Chris Boucher, who signed a two-way deal after the 2017 NBA draft. He'll become an unrestricted free agent. (Shams Charania, Yahoo Sports)
• Reggie Miller thinks LeBron James will sign with the Clippers (Reggie Miller on the Dan Patrick Show)
• Carmelo Anthony informed the Thunder that he will opt into his $27.9 million salary for next season and not take his early termination option. (Shams Charania, Yahoo Sports)
• There is no tension between Chris Paul and the Rockets. There's a "strong sense" that Paul will stay in Houston, but it's looking "highly unlikely" that LeBron James will come to the Rockets. (Sam Amick, USA Today)
• Oklahoma City is optimistic that Paul George will re-sign with them. LeBron James's camp is pessimistic that George will leave the Thunder. (Sam Amick, USA Today)
• The Cavaliers pursued a deal to bring on Kemba Walker to help convince LeBron James to stay. Cleveland also asked the Spurs about a Kawhi Leonard deal, but there is "no traction" on the deal. (Sam Amick, USA Today)