Victor Oladipo will return to the Heat after agreeing to a one-year contract, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Oladipo's new deal will allow the 27-year-old guard to hit free agency again next offseason while also giving Miami the opportunity to retain Oladipo's Bird Rights.
The two-time All-Star joined Miami after coming over in a trade deadline deal with the Rockets.
However, Oladipo played in just four games with the Heat last season after requiring surgery to repair his right quadriceps tendon. According to the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson, Oladipo hopes to return to play in late December or January.
He also previously had surgery on his quad in January 2019.
The former No. 2 pick in the 2013 NBA draft, Oladipo started last season with the Pacers but was dealt in mid-January to the Rockets as part of a series of moves that saw James Harden end up with the Nets.
Between stints with the Pacers, Rockets and Heat, he appeared in just 33 games in 2020–21. Due to injuries, he has played in just 88 games over the past three seasons.
In re-signing Oladipo, the Heat are continuing to bolster their roster. Since free agency got underway on Monday, they have reportedly signed new deals with guard Kyle Lowry and forwards Markieff Morris and P.J. Tucker, and also re-signed guards Duncan Robinson and Max Strus, and forwards Dewayne Dedmon and Gabe Vincent.
Check out the latest news and notes from around the NBA:
- The Celtics have signed center Enes Kanter to a one-year deal. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)
- Center Tony Bradley is signing a one-year deal with the Bulls. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- The Pelicans, Cavaliers, Celtics and Lakers are all interested in guard Danny Green. (Jordan Schultz, ESPN)
- The Magic are signing forward Moe Wagner to a two-year deal, uniting him with his brother, Franz, who was the No. 8 pick in the 2021 NBA draft. (Josh Robbins, The Athletic)
- Forward John Collins and the Hawks have reached an agreement on a five-year contract worth $125 million. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- Kemba Walker has agreed to a contract buyout with the Thunder, and he is slated to sign with the Knicks upon clearing waivers. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- Guard Terence Davis has agreed to a two-year deal with the Kings. (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
- Spencer Dinwiddie was sent to the Wizards via a sign-and-trade on a three-year deal worth $62 million. (Shams Charania, The Athletic)
- Danny Green has agreed to re-sign with the 76ers on a two-year, $20 million deal. (Harrison Sanford, NBC Philadelphia)