The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowl titles in their franchise history, the last coming during the 1994 season in a 49-26 defeat of the San Diego Chargers in Miami, Fla.
Prior to that, the 49ers' Vince Lombardi trophies were won in 1989, 1988, 1984 and 1981. The team has reached the Super Bowl a total of seven times, losing in its last two appearances in the 2019 and 2012 seasons.
Take a look back at the 49ers' Super Bowl history:
- Super Bowl LIV: Chiefs 31, 49ers 20
- Super Bowl XLVII: Ravens 34, 49ers 31
- Super Bowl XXIX: 49ers 49, Chargers 26
- Super Bowl XXIV: 49ers 55, Broncos 10
- Super Bowl XXIII: 49ers 20, Bengals 16
- Super Bowl XIX: 49ers 38, Dolphins 16
- Super Bowl XVI: 49ers 26, Bengals 21
The only franchises with more Super Bowl victories than the 49ers are the Pittsburgh Steelers (6) and New England Patriots (6).