Craig Shakespeare has admitted that Leicester did receive a bid from Roma for wantaway star Riyad Mahrez - despite initially stating no offer had been forthcoming.
The Foxes boss was forced to perform an embarrassing U-turn after he had originally revealed that Leicester had not been made an offer from I Giallorossi for the 2015/16 PFA Player of the Year.
Mahrez, who is valued at £50m, wants to leave the King Power Stadium this summer and, in quotes published by the Daily Mail, Shakespeare confirmed that Roma had made a laughable bid for the Algeria forward that was rejected out of hand immediately.
He said: "I think I was previously quoted as saying there has been no bids.
"There was a bid from Roma so I would like to put record straight. It was politely declined because it was a low offer. I don't know what it was and I don't get involved."
Mahrez is part of the Leicester first-team squad which is taking part in the pre-season Asia Trophy tournament out on Hong Kong this summer despite his desire to leave.
Because we are seen as soft after Kante was "stolen" last season they are all trying it on got to ne worth 50 million— Stapleford Railway (@Staplefordtrain) July 21, 2017
The 25-year-old only penned a new five-year contract with the Midlanders last summer but, after a less-than-impressive 2016/17 campaign, wants out as soon as possible.
Arsenal, Tottenham and Roma are all thought to be vying for his signature and, asked if he expected the Serie A giants to return with an improved offer for Mahrez, Shakespeare admitted he did not have a clue if they would.
He continued: "We dismissed it, I can't talk for Roma so I don't know what they will do."
Shakespeare was also tight lipped on any reports suggesting that a £25m move for Manchester City outcast Kelechi Iheanacho was close to completion.
The striker is supposedly on the cusp of moving from the Etihad to the 15/16 Premier League champions, and City boss Pep Guardiola himself confirmed that the Nigeria international would be leaving the club in the near future.
Guardiola said: "He decided to stay in Manchester (instead of going on tour), and maybe next week he will finish. We have an option to take him back. He didn't mention which club so no comment."