The Jump Start: Tuesday, February 5
Some links to start your Tuesday off right ...
• James Surowiecki makes the case for legalized sports betting in this week's New Yorker.
• Tiki Barber did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit and, when asked which defensive player he avoided the most, chose Jeremiah Trotter because 1) he was such a hard hitter and 2) sometimes tickled him under the pile.
• Check out Kevin Durant's incredible no-look, one-handed bounce pass to Kevin Martin from last night's game against the Mavericks.
• The Verge on whether technology can solve the NFL's head injury problem.
• It seems that someone in the league office didn't approve of Joakim Noah's skinny jeans/sweater/blazer combo last night. He was reportedly escorted off the floort by team security and returned wearing different clothes.
• Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco was on Letterman last night.
• Since 1989, USA Today has asked viewers to rate the Super Bowl commercials. Mental Floss has compiled the top-rated ad from every year, from the Dana Carvey/Jon Lovitz spot for American Express that aired during Super Bowl XXIII all the way up through Sunday's winner.
• After Jordan and Eric Stall scored to give the Hurricanes a 2-1 lead over the Maple Leafs last night, Sportsnet had a little fun with the graphic.
• Cousin Sal consoled downtrodden 49ers fans outside the Superdome after the Super Bowl on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
• Shane Battier dunked for the first time in four years last night.
• Sports Illustrated Kids reenacts Super Bowl XLVII's best play -- Joe Flacco's 56-yard touchdown pass to Jacoby Jones -- with LEGOs.
• More footage from the Super Bowl revelry in Baltimore made its way onto the web yesterday.
• The who beat the Sharks?