The NBA rumor mill continues to churn as we move closer to the June 25 NBA draft. The Warriors finished off the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals on Tuesday, setting the off-season in motion. Check back often as we update below with the latest draft scoops, news, rumors and possible transactions.
For more on the NBA draft, check out Chris Mannix’s latest first-round mock draft and Jake Fischer’s Q&A with Kristaps Porzingis, a Latvian prospect who has reportedly climbed up many teams’ draft boards.
• Former Ohio State point guard D'Angelo Russell performed well in his workout with the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday and "really loves Philly," reports Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer. Earlier this month Russell canceled a workout with the team because he reportedly was sick. Mannix projects the 76ers to select Russell with the No. 3 pick.
• The New York Knicks recently hosted Russell for a private workout, reports Ian Begley of ESPN.com. Mannix projects the Knicks to select Latvian power forward Kristaps Porzingis with the No. 4 pick.
• The Los Angeles Lakers hosted point guard Emmanuel Mudiay for a second workout on Thursday, reports Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News. Mannix projects the Sacramento Kings to select Mudiay with the No. 6 pick.
• Former Texas center Myles Turner will work out with the Charlotte Hornets on Friday, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Mannix projects the Hornets to select former Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky with the No. 9 pick.
• League sources suspect that Philadelphia 76ers general manager Sam Hinkie is leaning toward selecting Porzingis with the No. 3 pick, reports ESPN's Chad Ford.