NBA rumors: Latest news during the playoffs on injuries, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors won the Western Conference Finals with a 96–88 win in Game 7 over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday night. They’ll now face the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, which start on Thursday night.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Wizards, Heat, Celtics, Rockets, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs and Warriors will all pursue Thunder star Kevin Durant in free agency this summer, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein.
• However, Stein also reports that Durant is expected to sign a two-year deal with Oklahoma City with an opt-out after the first year.
• Guard Dion Waiters said he wants to re-sign with the Thunder, reports The Oklahoman’s Anthony Slater.
• Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri said the team’s top priority this off-season is to re-sign All-Star guard DeMar DeRozan, reports ESPN.
• Spanish big man Pau Gasol may skip the Olympics due to concerns about the Zika virus, reports ESPN.
• New York Knicks president Phil Jackson wants new head coach Jeff Hornacek to run an up-tempo version of the triangle offense, reports the New York Post’s Marc Berman.
• Former Cavaliers coach David Blatt has agreed to become the head coach for Turkish team Darussafaka Dogus, reports EuroHoops.net’s Lefteris Moutis.