By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
Week 5 of the NFL season will come to a close on Monday night as the Pittsburgh Steelers visit San Diego to take on the Chargers. Both teams currently sit at 2–2. The Steelers are coming off of a 23–20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Oct. 1, while the Chargers last beat the Cleveland Browns 30–27 on Oct. 4.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors.
• Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was benched in the third quarter of Sunday’s blowout loss to the Arizona Cardinals for Dan Orlovsky after he threw three interceptions. Regardless, head coach Jim Caldwell says Stafford will remain the team’s starter.
• Denver Broncos defensive end DeMarcus Ware was carted off the field during the game against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday with a back injury. According to a report by NBC Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, the injury appears to be just a simple strain.
• After another underwhelming performance by Brandon Weeden against the New England Patriots on Sunday, Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said the team will evaluate its quarterback situation moving forward.
• Rookie Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor will have an MRI on his left leg Monday after sustaining an injury against the New Orleans Saints. Agholor said is preparing to practice this week.
• New York Giants tight end Daniel Fells is in danger of losing his foot due to a MRSA infection, reported NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport. He has already undergone five surgeries as doctors attempt to keep the infection from spreading.