NFL rumors: Latest news from Week 8 on injuries and more
By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
Week 8 of the 2015 NFL season opened with a lopsided, 36–7 home victory for the New England Patriots over the Miami Dolphins. Tom Brady threw for 356 yards and four touchdowns, picking apart Miami’s secondary to send the Pats to a perfect 7–0 record on the season.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is “on target” to return Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, Cowboys COO Stephen Jones told reporters. Bryant participated in his first 11-on-11 practice on Thursday since breaking his right foot in Dallas’ season opener against the New York Giants.
• Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been ruled out against the Seahawks with an oblique strain, according to a team announcement. Reports surfaced Thursday that Randle could be subject to a fine or suspension for a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy related to his February arrest, but coach Jason Garrett said his status is not related to potential league discipline.
• Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell told reporters that the notion of him firing offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and other members of the staff without consulting ownership is “idiotic,” reports the Detroit Free Press.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is not expected to be suspended by the NFL for his role in a recent roadside confrontation with his girlfriend Colleen Crowley, says NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.
• Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota’s injured knee is improving, coach Ken Whisenhunt said on Thursday. Mariota’s status for Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans remains undetermined, however.
• Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a crack at the Indianapolis Colts during a halftime ceremony Thursday at Gillette Stadium, saying, “There’s nothing more satisfying than saddling the Indianapolis Colts with a loss.”