By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
NFL rosters are really taking shape with rookies starting to work out and veteran free agents continuing to sign new deals. Several big names have found themselves in the headlines recently, with Sam Bradford returning to Eagles practice on Monday.
Here are the latest NFL news and rumors.
• The Arizona Cardinals will soon shift their focus to a long-term deal for Tyrann Mathieu, according to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
• Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford has rescinded his trade demand and rejoined the team for workouts this week.
• Colin Kaepernick and Ryan Fitzpatrick remain in a holding pattern with the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets, respectively, Florio reports.
• Free-agent running back Bernard Pierce has been suspended for the first two games of the NFL season, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.
• Jason Pierre-Paul’s lawsuit against ESPN and Adam Schefter is still ongoing, with a court hearing scheduled for later this month.
• John Elway thinks rookie quarterback Paxton Lynch will be ready to play for the Broncos “quicker than a lot of people think.”
• Veteran offensive lineman Matt Slauson has signed a two-year deal with the San Diego Chargers, reports ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
• Cardinals first-round pick Robert Nkemdiche has been “killing people” in practice, according to head Bruce Arians.