NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, draft picks
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season has quieted down, as most teams have filled out their rosters. However, there are a few notable names left on the market and there's still plenty of buzz around the league.
Check out the latest NFL rumors and news below.
• The Chicago Bears need to cut three players to get down to the 90-man roster limit in the coming days. The Chicago Tribune reports veterans could end up getting cut.
• The Buffalo Bills could be in the market for offensive tackle help. Joe Buscaglia reports that the Bills will monitor the wavier wire if any veterans are released.
• Jarryd Hayne’s brief NFL career is over. The San Francisco 49ers announced that Hayne has retired in order to pursue a chance at playing rugby in the upcoming Olympics.
• The Carolina Panthers don’t plan on adding a veteran corner right now. Head coach Ron Rivera told the Charlotte Observer that the Panthers could add a veteran later on, but that the team is “set” at the moment.
• Cornerback Kendall Fuller, the Washington Redskins’ third-round pick, is coming off a torn ACL that ended his final season at Virginia Tech. However, he told Redskins.com that he will be ready to go for training camp.
• The Redskins took USC’s Su’a Cravens in the second round this year, and could play him at either safety or linebacker. He’s listed as a safety on the roster, but The Washington Post reports Cravens will start at inside linebacker for now.
• Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Mularkey is expecting more from his wide receivers this season. He told The Tennessean that the wide receivers are “going to be coached harder than any position” because they need to improve.