By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 2 of the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night, when the Buffalo Bills host the New York Jets. On Tuesday, the league unveiled the "Color Rush" jerseys that will be worn during Thursday Night Football games.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Denver Broncos safety Darian Stewart has been fined more than $18,000 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, reports ESPN's Adam Caplan.
• Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall was also fined more than $24,000 for his hit on Newton, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
• Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald is not expected to be suspended for making contact with an official in his team's loss to the 49ers, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
• Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said there's a chance No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff will be the team's backup quarterback on Sunday, according to Myles Simmons of Rams.com. Goff was inactive in the team's loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Monday.
• Running back C.J. Spiller has been released by the New Orleans Saints, the team announced.
• Jacksonville Jaguars running back Chris Ivory has been released from the hospital, the team announced. Ivory was hospitalized on Sunday for a "general medical condition," and his status is uncertain for Week 2.
• The Kansas City Chiefs have restructured linebacker Justin Houston's contract, reports Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star.
• The Chiefs have waived third-round pick KeiVarae Russell, reports Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk.
• The NFL will launch a new set of concussion initiatives worth $100 million, reports Mark Maske of the Washington Post.