NFL rumors: Week 3 news on injuries, suspensions, more
Just the Monday night game is left in the Week 3 of the NFL regular season and only five undefeated teams remain. They are the Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles. The Monday night game features the 1–2 Atlanta Falcons visiting the 0–2 New Orleans Saints.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The season is over for San Diego Chargers linebacker Manti Te'o. The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Te'o suffered a torn Achilles on Sunday.
• Washington Redskins safety DeAngelo Hall is also out for the year. He told ABC7's Erin Hawksworth that he completely tore his ACL.
• Russell Wilson sustained a sprained MCL on Sunday, reports Rapoport. However, it doesn't appear likely that the Seattle Seahawks QB will miss any time.
• Last year's in-game fights between Odell Beckham and Josh Norman garnered plenty of attention. The referees weren't going to put up with that this year, as Beckham told NFL.com that the refs gave him a pre-game warning.
• The San Francisco 49ers were down 37–3 against the Carolina Panthers, but head coach Chip Kelly told the Sacramento Bee he never considered inserting Colin Kaepernick into the lineup.
• New York Giants center Weston Richburg became the first player to be ejected for picking up two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The second penalty came after a blindside hit from Richburg on Josh Norman.