The Tampa Bay Buccaneers emerged victorious on Monday Night Football, as a last-second field goal from Roberto Aguayo gave them a 17–14 comeback win over the Carolina Panthers.
Week 6 kicks off on Thursday with the San Diego Chargers hosting the Denver Broncos, but Denver will be without their head coach for that game. Gary Kubiak is dealing with complex migraine condition and will not return to the team until Oct. 17.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The 49ers have named Colin Kaepernick the starting quarterback for their game against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, the team announced. Kaepernick has not played this season.
• Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians says he expects quarterback Carson Palmer to clear concussion protocol on Tuesday, reports Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.
• Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase said quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be the team's starter for the remainder of the season, reports Conor Orr of NFL.com.
• Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Cody Kessler is expected to start Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. Kessler was taken out of the team's loss to the New England Patriots with a rib injury.
• Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said running back Eddie Lacy's ankle injury is not serious, reports Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
• Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward will miss two to three weeks with a hamstring injury, reports Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network.
• The Buccaneers announced they have placed running back Charles Sims on injured reserve.
• The Browns announced they have claimed offensive lineman Jonathan Cooper off waivers from the New England Patriots.