NFL rumors: Week 7 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The NFL weekend wrapped up on Monday night with the Arizona Cardinals beating the New York Jets, 28–3. It was a much needed win for the Cardinals, who improved to 3–3 on the season while the Jets dropped to 1-5.
New York may also have a quarterback controversy on its hands, as starter Ryan Fitzpatrick was benched in favor of backup Geno Smith in the fourth quarter.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• San Francisco 49ers head coach Chip Kelly told reporters that Colin Kaepernick will start at quarterback again for the team against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Monday and the team has no timetable for his return, reports ESPN.
• Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN that defensive end Michael Bennett's knee injury is "nothing serious."
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak returned to the team on Monday after missing last week to rest after being diagnosed with a complex migraine condition, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• Buffalo Bills first-round pick Shaq Lawson will return to practice this weekend, but the team doesn't know if he'll play Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, reports ESPN's Mike Rodak. The rookie defensive end has not played this season with a shoulder injury.
• The Miami Dolphins fear that safety Reshad Jones may have a torn rotator cuff that will keep him out for the remainder of the season, reports Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
• Nevada governor Brian Sandoval signed a bill to approve the Las Vegas stadium plan that paves the way for the Oakland Raiders to relocate to the city, reports the Associated Press.