Live updates, analysis and scores from Mayweather vs. Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Floyd Mayweather defeats Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision after 12 rounds. SI.com's post-fight coverage:
See below for unofficial scoring and a round-by-round recap of the fight.
ROUND 1: Pacquiao with a hug for Freddie Roach as he comes out of the corner. Mayweather flicks the jab. Lands a nice left. Manny clips the body. Stumbles, readjusts. Floyd misses with a right. Mayweather with a clean counter right. Mayweather clearly the bigger man in the ring. Manny taps Floyd's midsection. Floyd lands another right hand. Nice little right by Manny. Pacquiao goes for a flurry at the end of the round, Mayweather ties him up. Slow, but give it to Floyd. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 2: Good body shot by Manny. Floyd drills him with a good right. Manny much more aggressive. Floyd holds. Crowd boos. Floyd reaches with the right hand. Floyd throws, then ties up. Manny rushes him, clips him with some shots in the corner. Good right by Floyd. Nice little left by Manny. Mayweather dodging big shots beautifully. Tie up at the end of the round, both fighters exchange smiles.
ROUND 3: Mayweather is moving really well. Mayweather hits Manny low with a right hand. Manny looks angry. Comes in hard, clips Mayweather with another right. Mayweather doing a lot of holding. Nice right by Manny, but give this one to Floyd. He landed the better shots, again. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 4: Manny continues to come forward. Pushing Mayweather to the ropes. Hard left by Manny. That got Floyd's attention. Buckled him. Manny comes in with a flurry. Floyd backs up. Good round for Manny, who smiles on his way back to the corner. 10-9 Pacquiao.
ROUND 5: Floyd more aggressive now. Hits Manny with a good right, another counter right. Good rush by Floyd. He's having a very good offensive round. Manny struggling to get back inside. Mayweather seems to know he has this round in the bag, cruising in the final minute. Weak end to the round, but Mayweather locked it up early. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 6: Good jab, counter right by Floyd to open the round. Manny flurries, Mayweather keeps his guard up. Tied up again. Referee says something to both fighters. Nice shot by Manny. Flurries. Floyd covers up. Says "Nope, nope." back at Manny. Manny is scoring points though here. Some decent body shots. Good round for Manny. More glares from both fighters at the end of the round. 10-9 Pacquiao.
ROUND 7: Mayweather comes out assertive. Lands a good shot to the body. Pacquiao darts out of trouble. Nice counter left by Floyd. Kenny Bayless warns Mayweather again about the holding. Manny struggling to get his shots off here. Lands a decent left. Mayweather flicks a couple of jabs that connect. Good left by Manny. Might have stolen the round at the end. Not on my card though. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 8: Manny lands a glancing left and then a better straight left hand. He taps his gloves at Floyd. Nice counter right by Mayweather. Manny rushes him into the corner. Two good left hooks by Mayweather. Little jab by Manny. There's the bell. Another close round. I gave Manny a slight edge, with the cleaner shots. 10-9 Pacquiao.
ROUND 9: Good straight left hand by Manny. Floyd recovers, dodges out of trouble. Manny pushes him to the corner. Floyd holds some more. Left hand down the middle for Manny. Manny connects with a nice left on a flurry. Good, clean straight right by Mayweather at the end of that round. Another close one. Give it to Manny. 10-9 Pacquiao
ROUND 10: They touch gloves to open the round. Nice counter right by Floyd. Manny flurries in the corner. Hard counter right by Floyd. Manny felt that. Mayweather is so well conditioned. He gets out of trouble so fast. Manny reaches for another left, Floyd isn't there. Good round for Mayweather. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 11: Two stinging jabs from Mayweather. Right hand just misses. Uppercut lands for Mayweather. Nice left by Pacquiao. Good counter right by Mayweather. Manny pushes Floyd to the corner again, Floyd darts out of trouble, connects on a couple of counter shots. Boxing beautifully in this round. Floyd comes forward again. Taps Manny with a jab. Manny taps his gloves. Floyd taps his mockingly, hits Manny with another jab. Easy round to score for Mayweather. 10-9 Mayweather
ROUND 12: Fighters hug to start the round. Good left by Manny. Good counter right by Floyd. Mayweather dancing out of trouble, Pacquiao stalking. He's landing, but not anything great. 10-9 Pacquiao
12:52 a.m. — Judges scoring 118-110, 116-112 (twice). All for Mayweather. The undefeated streak continues.
GALLERY: SI's BEST PHOTOS OF MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO
9:30 p.m. — Welcome to SI.com’s live blog of the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight. After five years of negotiations, it’s finally here: The two most popular fighters of this generation—who are both ranked in the top three of most pound for pound lists—will square off at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. A few notes before we begin:
• The story of Saturday wasn’t the fight, but who would, or more specifically wouldn’t, be allowed to cover it. ESPN’s Michelle Beadle and CNN’s Rachel Nichols—both of whom have been critical of Mayweather’s history of domestic violence—tweeted that they were denied credentials to the fight. SI.com’s Richard Deitsch covered the situation, but here’s my two cents: The email Nichols has rejecting her credential request can be spun. Kelly Swanson, Mayweather’s longtime publicist, stated that CNN never clarified whether Nichols was going to be in Las Vegas for the fight. What’s un-spinnable, for lack of a better word, is Nichols's statement that, on April 29th, a Mayweather publicist said she still would be denied a fight night credential. It’s Rachel Nichols. Her word here, in my opinion, is unimpeachable.
• What a disaster though: If Mayweather Promotions woke up on Saturday morning and said, “What’s the worst thing that could happen today,” getting into a very public fight with two of the most respected female voices in sports would be a scenario almost impossible to envision.
• Great atmosphere here, as expected. The weigh-in drew a crowd of over 11,000 and the MGM Grand has been a sea of humanity the last few days. Everyone is hyped up.
• Pacquiao was remarkably loose in his suite this afternoon. Per Pacquiao p.r. man Fred Sternburg—whose wardrobe resembles Frank Costanza’s box of cruise wear—Pacquiao chewed on some fish and vegetables and spoke with half a dozen pastors where they discussed, of all things, David and Goliath. Pacquiao also reiterated to them that he hopes Mayweather comes to Bible study with him tomorrow. I wouldn’t hold the session up waiting on that.
• The undercard isn’t influencing buys in this fight, but really: It’s awful. Both promotions got one fight, with Top Rank choosing to match top prospect Vasyl Lomachenko against fringe contender Gamalier Rodriguez and Mayweather Promotions pitting Leo Santa Cruz against journeyman Jose Cayetano. A waste of time, with the main event not scheduled to begin until 11 p.m. ET, at the earliest.
Check back later for live round-by-round analysis and my (unofficial) live scoring for the bout.
11:09 p.m. — With Time Warner Cable experiencing order probl
11:28 p.m. — Taffet now in the ring, talking to ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. Likely updating Lennon on some of the delays. Lennon has left his spot in the middle of the ring.
11:46 p.m. — Anthems are over. Introductory video up on the screen. Capacity crowd chanting "Manny, Manny" in anticipation of Pacquiao's introduction.
11:49 p.m. — Pacquiao headed to the ring. Big smile on his face. Stops to take a selfie with trainer Freddie Roach. He has been so relaxed for most of this promotion. Is that a good thing? We'll see.
11:52 p.m. — Mayweather headed to the ring. Crowd boos. Mayweather shows no emotion during ring walk.
11:56 p.m. — Referee Kenny Bayless introduced in the ring. Lot of talk about his role and if his refereeing style favors Mayweather. I doubt it. Bayless is an excellent referee.
11:59 p.m. — And here we go...
LIVE FROM VEGAS
Look back at all the action from ringside at MGM Grand.