Jason Whitlock's absurd comments on LeBron James and race were too much for his colleague, Mike Hill.
The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina.
1. I hate myself for playing their game and giving FS1 exactly what it wants and I'll need a shower after writing this, but I do love it when one colleague goes after another. The background: since FS1 is desperate for any and all attention it can possibly get, they're now in the business of having people say outlandish things all day long in hopes that something said is so stupid it touches a nerve and causes a stir. This happened Thursday when the host of one of their awful shows, Jason Whitlock, trended on Twitter all day because he basically said that since LeBron James is rich, we shouldn't care that his house was vandalized with a racist slur.
Whitlock said this about the incident LeBron. "I think it is a disrespectful inconvenience for LeBron James. He allegedly had the n-word spray-painted on his $20 million Brentwood home. He wasn't there. His family wasn't there. He heard about it." He added, "Racism is an issue in America but is primarily an issue for the poor. It's not LeBron James's issue. He has removed himself from the damages and the ravages of real racism. He may have an occasional disrespectful interaction with someone, a disrespectful inconvenience."
This is just flat-out disgusting and I never would've mentioned it, but everyone should see how Whitlock's FS1 colleague, Mike Hill responded. Hill, who does a variety of hosting jobs for the network, dropped nothing but the truth over several tweets.
When you're saying stuff jst for the shock value or think it's going to bring attention 2u, you're jst a media whore. Selling it 4 attention— Mike Hill (@ItsMikeHill) June 1, 2017
I'm done. He gets no more of the attention, he's craving, from me.— Mike Hill (@ItsMikeHill) June 1, 2017
And now for the mic drop.
And you wonder why you don't see me on "those" shows. Cuz I'm not going on there to say reckless shit just for ratings or attention.— Mike Hill (@ItsMikeHill) June 1, 2017
Hot damn! Mike Hill, I bow down to you. Those debate shows on FS1 are struggling to get viewers. They will do anything to get attention. Hence, the network's reliance on LaVar Ball. It's good to see someone from the inside explain how the game works.
2. It wasn't just his colleagues who took issue with Whitlock's nonsense. Packers tight end Martellus Bennett went after him hard.
3. The only thing worth mentioning about Game 1 of the NBA Finals is that Tom Brady was responsible for the best moment of the night when he mocked Steph Curry's sneakers on Instagram.
4. Not to be outdone by Brady, Aaron Rodgers also had a strong social media moment on Thursday night. The Packers QB dropped his debut Instagram post and it was very strong. Huge props for the use of Phil Collins's 'In The Air Tonight.'
5. After their Game 1 blowout win, the Warriors are now -670 to win the NBA Finals. The line for Game 2 on Sunday is Golden State -8.5.
6. First the RompHim. Now lace shorts. It's going to be quite a summer for men across America.
7. There are many reasons to like Jimmy Kimmel. His continued dedication to point out the absurdity of local news is one of them.
8. THE DAILY ROCK: In 1999, The Great One held a funeral for Stone Cold Steve Austin that did not go as planned.