In a Dodgers-Astros World Series filled with crazy games, Joe Buck has risen to the occasion.
1. The person who might be benefiting the most from the juiced and slicker baseballs is Joe Buck. Yes, many people on Twitter like to ignore the fact that Buck has become a great baseball announcer just so they can bash him, but the bottom line is that FOX's play-by-play man put on a clinic in last night's wacky 13-12 slugfest between the Dodgers and Astros.
The video above is a compilation of the seven home runs hit last night. Every Buck call is outstanding, except for the Yasiel Puig dinger, but that's only because the juicy juiced ball got out in a hurry after not being hit well at all and Buck seemed in shock. But Buck's call of Jose Altuve's game-tying three-run homer in the fifth inning was as good a call as you'll ever hear.
Buck's call of Yuli Gurriel's game-tying three-run homer in the fourth inning was also a legit A+.
Lastly, Buck did a fine job on the game-winning single by Alex Bregman in the bottom of the 10th.
If you're still one of the people who wants to play the "Joe Buck is terrible game," just stop. Get with the times and move on to 2017. You're stuck in 1997 and it's a very bad look. When it comes to Joe Buck, don't hate. Appreciate.
2. In a weekend filled with insane games, you may have missed my favorite story. Aaron Rodgers went on Conan O'Brien's show last week to say that Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr not only broke his collarbone, but also flipped him off and gave him a crotch chop. Barr, though, was not having any of that and fired back at the Packers' superstar quarterback Saturday afternoon via Twitter. We bow down to Barr for the Mister Rogers mention.
3. I'm not sure anybody in sports had a better week than Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster. He masterfully turned the tables on an attention-seeking porn star, found his lost bicycle, scored a ridiculous 97-yard touchdown and then got the last laugh on scouts who doubted him.
4. Bill Belichick must have stayed up late to watch the World Series, because he was more crabby than usual on Monday.
5. The best thing about Halloween these days is The Rock retweeting all the people who dress up as him from his turtleneck/fanny pack/gold chain days.
6. Former Lions tight end Joseph Fauria has been doing some great video work for SI.com in recent months. For example, his guide to the NFL's new celebration rules was top-notch. And he was brave enough to cook and eat Tom Brady's repulsive avocado ice cream. So we need to give him props on a truly outstanding Halloween costume.
7. Speaking of Tom Brady and avocados...
Tom Brady and Gisele are dressing up as avocado and toast for Halloween.— Kirk & Callahan (@KirkAndCallahan) October 30, 2017
8. You will want to read Vulture's oral history of Seinfeld's masturbation episode.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And check out Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board."
BONUS ITEM: I want to find a reason to take the points tonight, but can't. Chiefs -7 at home vs. the Broncos has to be the play.