NFL ratings continue to decrease for each playoff game.
1. The NFL had a disastrous weekend when it came to ratings. Numbers have been down all season and it was more of the same for the wild-card games. The biggest surprise was that the best game (Panthers-Falcons) had the biggest decrease year over year. Yes, markets were a big factor, but that was a competitive and entertaining game. Here's the breakdown:
Titans-Chiefs (14.7) was down 11 percent versus last year's Raiders-Texans game.
Falcons-Rams (14.9) was down 10 percent versus last year's Lions-Seahawks game.
Bills-Jaguars (17.2) was down 10 percent versus last year's Dolphins-Steelers game.
Panthers-Saints (20.4) was down 21 percent versus last year's Giants-Packers game.
Wild Card Weekend Overnights Roundup:— Anthony Crupi (@crupicrupicrupi) January 8, 2018
TEN-KC: 14.7 HH -11% YOY vs. 16.6 (OAK-HOU)
ATL-LAR: 14.9 HH -10% YOY vs. 16.5 (DET-SEA)
BUF-JAX: 17.2 HH -10% YOY vs. 19.2 (MIA-PIT)
CAR-NO: 20.4 HH -21% YOY vs. 25.9 (NYG-GB)
All told, Wild Card overnight ratings were down 14% vs 2017—not at all surprising given the absence of three of the NFL's biggest TV draws (Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle), the rep from the No. 1 DMA (NY Giants) and Pittsburgh's having earned a bye week.— Anthony Crupi (@crupicrupicrupi) January 8, 2018
The NFL and CBS will say prayers every single night this week that Jacksonville doesn't upset Pittsburgh on Sunday, because Patriots-Jaguars instead of Patriots-Steelers in the AFC title game will make executives at the league and network very, very sad.
2. Here are your Divisional Round playoff lines:
And here's where the Super Bowl odds stand today:
2. Speaking of odds, after Oprah Winfrey's speech at the Golden Globes last night, she's a major player on offshore sites offering lines on the 2020 Presidential Election:
Kamala Harris +1050
Bernie Sanders +1250
Elizabeth Warren +1350
Oprah Winfrey +1500
The Rock +3000
Mark Cuban +4500
Gregg Popovich +10000
Michael Jordan +15000
Vince McMahon +20000
3. Tom Brady is getting all cryptic on us.
4. Don't ever question Saints' defensive end Cam Jordan about his braids.
5. Erin Andrews delivered one of the more notable sideline reports after halftime than you'll ever hear during yesterday's Panthers-Saints game.
6. This is outstanding.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And check out Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board."
BONUS ITEM: Georgia +4 vs. Alabama tonight.