The new XFL has fans excited for the possibility of Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow getting jobs.
1. Vince McMahon is expected to announce the formation of XFL future this afternoon.
When news broke Thursday morning that the press conference was happening, people on Twitter couldn't help but fantasize about a league that would feature Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow.
Philly better have a XFL team and Manziel or Tebow has to be the qb— Drew Longo (@DrewLongo) January 25, 2018
XFL 2.0 Opening Night:— Dan Budick (@DanBudick) January 25, 2018
Tim Tebow vs. Johnny Manziel... calling it now
If the XFL doesn’t give Johnny Manziel however much money he wants then what’s even the point— Sarcastic Prick (@Richie59FIFTY) January 25, 2018
Haha XFL is back! Johnny Manziel will have a 20 year football career.— Kaden Kulland (@kadokulland) January 25, 2018
Early XFL Mock Draft Board:— Steve Braband (@stevebraband) January 25, 2018
3) The dude who plays The Mountain
4) Air Bud
5) Brett Favre
When baseball fails Tim Tebow getting max contract in XFL— Tooter Gennett (@C_Myers5) January 25, 2018
2. The MLB Hall of Fame remains one of the biggest jokes in all of sports. So many guys who should be in aren't. Many guys who shouldn't be in are in. For example:
Albert Belle stats from 1991-2000— Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) January 24, 2018
50HR-126 RBI -317
*Doesn't get Hall of Fame votes because he was mean to writers.
Since the voting is flawed and the museum has little credibility, the fun thing to do when the voting is announced, as it was last night, is to look at the bottom of the ballot to see which less-than-worthy players got votes. Here are this year's results:
Jamie Moyer: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)
Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)
Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)
Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)
Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)
Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)
Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)
3. I will never root for an underdog to win more than I will for this Super Bowl prop bet.
4. Blake Griffin was VERY salty last night.
5. Here's your headline and story of the day: "Police called on suspicious person offering ‘free-throw advice’ at KU men’s basketball dorm."
6. Bill Raftery's most famous call came on this date in 1988.
7. Here's what happened the last time Vince McMahon tried to get into the pro football business.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And check out Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board."
BONUS ITEM: Tom Brady's new Facebook series debuts today. I'm amazed the Patriots would let him release this before the Super Bowl.