Ronda Rousey gives two brutal interviews to ESPN in one day.
1. I'm not a UFC fan, so I never really followed Ronda Rousey's career closely, but now that she's in the WWE, I've been more exposed to her and I just have one question: Has she always been this unlikable?
Rousey did two interviews on ESPN Tuesday and she came off terribly in both.
First up, was her off-putting exchange with Mike Golic in which she misinterpreted his questions, had a nasty tone and gave curt answers.
Then she was on First Take, and gave "um" answers, had a chip on her shoulder and made weird faces and gestures.
Granted, I can't blame anyone for being annoyed about having to go on First Take, but seriously, if Rousey doesn't want to hear about her MMA losses or discuss her MMA career, don't do interviews. It's that simple. What's the point in going on the shows if you're just going to be miserable?
The only positive of all this is that the WWE clearly has a natural heel on its hands if they want to turn Rousey at some point.
2. Shaq deserves some sort of award for his performance on Inside the NBA last night. Watch the big guy explain to us what LeBron James is REALLY saying about his night in South Beach and the Cavs' loss to the Heat.
3. The Yankees got into a tiny bit of trouble with MLB after they revealed they'd be selling beer with players' faces on the foam this season.
This is pretty incredible. @BluePointBrewer at @yankeestadium is printing players’ faces on beer this season (also coffee and some food). @TheJudge44, @ElGarySanchez, @Giancarlo818 and @AChapman_105 are loaded into the system already with more to come. #Yankees pic.twitter.com/FlybIy6bTj— Jeff Eisenband (@JeffEisenband) March 26, 2018
Players are not allowed to be used in promoting alcohol in any way, shape or form, so the league issued the following statement to Newsday: "We weren't aware [of the images]. We spoke to the club, the club wasn’t aware, either. To the best of our knowledge, they have told them it’s not authorized, to cease doing it."
To see how the foam beer faces are made, click here.
4. Giants pitcher Derek Holland is known for his Harry Caray impersonation, but his Kermit The Frog is actually more impressive.
5. Kevin Love ended up with a tooth problem after taking an elbow to the face last night.
After the game, Love made sure to thank the makers of his mouthguard.
6. Mike and the Mad Dog will do a little reunion show today at noon on MLB Network's High Heat. In honor of the occasion, here's some vintage Francesa and Russo.
7. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: It's WrestleMania season, so here's an absolutely amazing clip of Lord Alfred Hayes running down the list of all the celebrities who were on board to appear at WrestleMania II in 1986.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Why can't the NFL make normal rules? This new one that calls for a penalty if a player lowers his head to initiate contact is going to be an enormous poopshow.