Jeff Van Gundy flustered Mike Breen with a question about second cousins during Rockets-Spurs.
1. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Van Gundy. I think he's the best NBA analyst on TV and a big part of that is because he will often venture off into bizarre territories. He's not quite Bill Walton, but he definitely has a little Walton in him.
This was proven once again on Sunday when, during the Rockets-Spurs game on ABC, Van Gundy started going off about second cousins. The rant even included a question that left play-by-play Mike Breen completely flustered.
2. Bryce Harper shut up a Reds fan who was taunting him in the best possible way yesterday.
3. Only A-Rod.
4. Mike Francesa and Chris Russo are no longer together, but the duo is currently involved in a feud with current WFAN morning hosts, Boomer Esiason and Gregg Gianotti, who lit into the former WFAN afternoon hosts Monday morning for taking a cheap shot at the current on-air staff of the radio station.
5. As a general rule, April Fool's pranks are always stupid. Below is one rare exception.
6. The current episode of the SI Media Podcast features a roundtable discussion on a wide variety of stories in the news with Andrew Marchand of the "New York Post" and Chad Finn of the "Boston Globe." You can listen below or on iTunes. And please don't forget to subscribe.
7. RANDOM WRESTLING VIDEO OF THE DAY: It's WrestleMania week, so we'll feature clips from the WWE's Super Bowl every day until the big card this Sunday. The end of "the streak" is still relatively fresh in everyone's minds, but it's still worth re-watching the end of the match just for the reactions from Paul Heyman and the stunned crowd.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: I like Michigan +7 tonight.