NBA players, other athletes go crazy after insane Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
1. Everybody knows what happened in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night. There's no need to rehash. Let's just take a look at how NBA players and athletes from other sports responded to J.R. Smith's mind-boggling blunder and the refs making one of the most controversial calls you'll ever see.
Did he think they were up one?????— Dirk Nowitzki (@swish41) June 1, 2018
That henny..— Mohamed Sanu Sr. (@Mo_12_Sanu) June 1, 2018
So nobody else saw JR say “I thought we were up” at the end of regulation?? Lmao— Davante Adams (@tae15adams) June 1, 2018
JR tho 🌾👀🌾— *Joshua R. Norman (@J_No24) June 1, 2018
I thought the only way you can change a charge call was if someone was in or out of the charge circle— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) June 1, 2018
refs win in 6...bet— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) June 1, 2018
Now the nba got challenges? Never heard of it!!!— AqibTalib21 (@AqibTalib21) June 1, 2018
The refs shifted the momentum crazy!— Mike Evans (@MikeEvans13_) June 1, 2018
I thought the finals was made up of the best Ref crew?! They gotta bring Crawford outta retirement— Mike Wallace (@Wallace17_daKid) June 1, 2018
FIXED! 🗣— Darius Butler (@DariusJButler) June 1, 2018
Somebody must a called take backs...— DIGGS (@stefondiggs) June 1, 2018
JR??!!!!!!!— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) June 1, 2018
2. It's so self-serving to post my own tweets here, but people seemed to enjoy this one.
3. Lost in all in the insanity last night wasn't LeBron James's 51 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. It was the fact that he rocked SUIT SHORTS!
When my grandchild asks me to describe LeBron to him/her in 30 years, I'm gonna tell him/her that he's that dude that would casually drop 50 points on your head in the NBA finals & then walk off the court wearing suit shorts while clutching his man purse. pic.twitter.com/QQ8lRboGmg— gifdsports (@gifdsports) June 1, 2018
4. My colleague, Eric Single has the most perfect summary of the Spelling Bee.
Spelling Bee flexes, ranked:— Eric Single (@Eric_Single) June 1, 2018
1. Asking for the language of origin by saying “This is ______, isn’t it?”
2. Not asking for any info
3. Hitting losing spellers with the John Calipari extended postgame handshake
4. Nodding in approval from your seat when someone gets a word right
5. ESPN higher ups were reportedly very nervous that some of their talent would tweet about the Roseanne Barr debacle from earlier this week.
6. David Letterman and Jerry Seinfeld talked about meeeting Joey Votto on an episode of Letterman's new Netflix show.
However, the Reds first baseman had a totally different recollection of the events.
7. The newest episode of the SI Media Podcast is an interview with ESPN business reporter, Darren Rovell. The controversial Twitter figure pulled no punches while discussing all sorts of topics about the social media service, including why he blocks so many people, whether he thinks he can unplug from Twitter, whether he has a staff helping him with his tweets, what his set up is while watching games, his Twitter feuds and regrets, and much more. You can listen to the podcast below or download it on iTunes.
8. RANDOM CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM VIDEO OF THE DAY: Season 2 of Curb with Jason Alexander and Julia-Louis Dreyfus was maybe the best ever, mostly because of the interaction between Larry and Alexander.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here. And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: LeBron James does not deserve J.R. Smith.