After Jose Altuve's home run was ruled an out, Kate Upton took to Twitter to voice her frustration.
1. Like everyone else watching Red Sox-Astros on Wednesday night, SI Swimsuit model Kate Upton, had strong opinions on the umpires overruling Jose Altuve's early two-run home run after a fan made contact with Boston rightfielder Mookie Betts. Obviously Upton, who is married to Houston starter Justin Verlander, is not exactly objective, but we always appreciate people calling out bullshit when they see it.
It is pretty amazing that in this day and age when all sports are using all sorts of technology to review calls, we still have an issue with fans leaning over a fence. You'd think the league would order some kind of edict that all teams must put something like a foot of empty space between the outfield wall and the first row of seats. It happens all the time, with first and third baseman leaning into the stands to catch foul pop ups, yet it's such a fixable problem. But what would a big sports event be without controversy?
2. Andrew Benintendi's game-winning catch to save his team's 8-6 lead Wednesday night actually caused Boston radio legend Joe Castiglione to fall out of his chair while making the call.
3. After going 90 minutes with John Cena on last week's SI Media Podcast I kept it tight this week, going 30 minutes with New York Post sports media columinst Andrew Marchand as we discussed a variety of topics, including the MLB playoff crews for TBS and FS1, Vin Scully’s refusal to do a cameo in the booth, the backlash against Jason Witten in the Monday Night Football booth, which NFL announcer has flown under the radar, the bizarre bit with Alex Rodriguez putting on a Red Sox uniform, 85-year-old Hubie Brown inking a multi-year contract extension with ESPN, Mike Francesa’s app and much more. You can listen below or download the podcast on iTunes.
4. Everybody knows Vontaze Burfict is a filthy player who loves to toss out cheap shots. But when you see the full compilation, it's actually stunning that the NFL hasn't banned him for at least a full season.
5. I think James Harden wore a robe to the arena last night.
6. New York radio legend and SiriusXM host, Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, is very, very angry about the late start times of the MLB championship series on, in his words, "garbage channels" FS1 and TBS.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: We're finally getting nice cold weather here in NYC, so of course pumpkin spice madness is in full force. That means it's time to rewatch John Oliver's brilliant rant on the topic.
Traina Thoughts is the best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts right here.And make sure to listen to and subscribe to the SI Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina.
IN CLOSING: Nobody is happier in America right now than FOX, which is set up to get ratings for a Red Sox-Dodgers World Series instead of Astros-Brewers.