1. "He's the greatest news breaker of all time in any sport," said longtime NBA writer Jackie MacMullan about Adrian Wojnarowski toward the end of a new eight-minute YouTube documentary, made by NYU students for a class project, on the prolific ESPN reporter. "To me, it's not even a question."
With documentaries, long and short, being all the rage these days, the timing on this one, which gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the man who provides the Twittersphere with his frequent Woj Bombs, is excellent.
While Wojnarowski shares wisdom on how he continues to excel at his job (at one point in the show, he says he will watch how NFL colleagues Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen work and listen to them on the phone), various media people share their opinions and tell stories about Woj's work ethic.
"One time, I was out in L.A. and I bumped into him in a hotel and we get on the elevator and he had his laptop out," said. J.A. Adande. "I've never seen somebody typing on a laptop in an elevator. So he's holding his laptop and he's typing some stuff up and then, I swear between the time I left the elevator and I got to my hotel room, I checked Twitter and there was some new story that he had broken, so clearly he'd been working on it in the elevator."
If you're into sports media or an NBA fan, the mini-doc is worth the eight minutes.
2. A brand new SI Media Podcast dropped this morning and my guest was the always entertaining and insightful Chris Long.
The two-time Super Bowl champion turned podcaster discussed how long of a preseason NFL players would need before the start of the season, the Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay Packers relationship, The Last Dance, why he loves cold showers, when he'd attend a sporting event, and much more.
3. After TMZ reported Kendall Jenner is dating Suns guard Devin Booker (after dating Ben Simmons and Blake Griffin and maybe dating D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, and Kyle Kuzma), the reality show star responded to a Twitter user who questioned her fondness for NBA players with an absolute haymaker.
4. Hot on the heels of the amazing Chaka Khan moment, Jeopardy! gave us another tremendous blunder Wednesday night.
5. How would a Seinfeld episode centered around the government's $1,200 stimulus check play out? Take a look.
6. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Larry David often shares his thoughts on baldness on Curb Your Enthusiasm, like in this scene from Season 3.
7. SPORTS HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: Yankees-Orioles, 1998. My all-time favorite baseball brawl and a wild performance by Daryl Strawberry.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.