It's official. I hate bye weeks.
It's bad enough that
I suppose it could be worse, though. I'm not exactly sure how, but when you survey Week 4's fantasy landscape there are a lot of divots in view that need patching. Then there are the canyons in my lineup, because I foolishly didn't pay attention to bye weeks during my drafts.
• Only a month in, and many teams are already looking at their bench like a triage doctor does after a train wreck. Not much salvage here.
• How badly will the Eagles miss RB
Westbrook's early exit last weekend cost me two games; worse considering I had
• Can RB
Baltimore looks like a renaissance defense, which doesn't portend good things for the Steelers' ground game. Mendenhall needs to hang onto the ball, and Baltimore just might give the rookie a hearty hazing of an introduction to the NFL.
• How many more beatings does QB
Oh yeah, Batch is broken, too, which leaves
• The Hot Seat Derby has a winner: the city and fans of the Detroit Lions.
Of all the firings a football fan could have hoped for, none raises the spirits, nor calls for a spirited toasting, more than the long-overdue removal of
• Can a third quarterback change stave off the next firing of our current Hot Seat headliner?
It worked for
• How good are the Vikings now that they have a real quarterback?
I know it sounds funny, but Minnesota's fortunes, and likely those of Childress, are now riding on the 38-year-old arm of Gus Frerotte. And believe it or not, that isn't a bad thing. Frerotte isn't going to scramble out of the pocket. He won't have to hit a receiver on a roll out. The Vikings have a good enough line that he will have time to look downfield and see his options. This is good news for WR
• What kind of value can we expect from Griese for the balance of '08?
People often forget how well Griese did with Gruden in '05 before tearing an ACL in the sixth game. While he still forces the ball into tight coverage too frequently, he is a more patient and accurate passer than
Two more words, this time for Gruden.
• OK, Cleveland fans, let's hear it -- "Brady. Brady. Brady. Brady."
Someone call the cops. My studs have been stolen and replaced with poor imitations. This must be how owners of WR
• Will Steve Slaton survive his first start?
This isn't an easy matchup so far. Jacksonville has been flat out nasty since the Bills rode into town and fleeced the Jaguars in a close game. Houston does have a history of playing big against their division rivals. This is a game I stay far, far away from in my survivor pools.
• What is going on in
It's supremely obvious that rookie running back
• Is "The Streak" really in danger, or is
Considering the drama that has swirled around this august field general over the last few years, you have to wonder if it's become his new drug.
• Will WR
That sounds pretty crazy, since 200-yard receiving games are so rare, but QB
• One more game for the Tampa Bay Rays and the bubbly will flow. What an amazing season.
• Please say a prayer for