NFL Fantasy Musings for Week 8
How is that stud running back theory faring so far this year? The current fantasy football leader board doesn't quite resemble the one projected by the experts this past preseason.
Disclaimer: Your league may look slightly different, since I am using the stats from a high-scoring point-per-reception league as the basis for this analysis.
• To all you
His completion percentage (60.7), passer rating (80.0), and yards per attempt average (6.8) are at their lowest since 1998, his rookie season. I am equally sure you didn't draft him in the first or second round, hoping that after six games he'd have produced eight touchdowns to seven interceptions. In fact, he has played so poorly in four of his six games that he produced only three touchdowns combined against Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Green Bay.
Did I mention that
• Larry, Larry Larry. I never realized how jealous you were of all the attention garnered by
• While you are at it Mr. Goodell, please pay a visit to Cleveland and give
• The Hot Seat claimed another victim this week when freshly seated
• How bad is it in Dallas right now? The front office led us to believe that Tony Romo could start last week, possibly this week, but Romo apparently isn't reading from the same script. Romo said it will likely be after the bye week before he returns.
• I love reading
• New England looked really good Monday night. Or did Denver look really bad? I've not been impressed to date with the Patriots, who have looked lost at times on offense with
• It's a bittersweet moment in Tampa Bay Rays history. Our first World Series and our first World Series loss came on the same night. Props to